Web Usability and user experience (UX) training
Improve your website with our industry-leading 1-day web usability and user experience (UX) training course.
Research-based guidelines, practical advice and real-world examples are just some of the reasons why our web usability and user experience (UX) training course is considered the best in the business.
A full set of printed notes will be provided, along with a digital copy of all course materials.
Next available Web Usability training dates:
|Available dates:||Places left:||Booking status:|
|3rd September 2013||7||Book 3rd September 2013 course|
Please read our training course Terms and conditions before making your booking.
Web Usability training course content
So, what topics are covered on the course? We’re glad you asked – here’s a run-down of some of the highlights that make our usability and user experience (UX) course the best in the business:
- Defining & measuring usability
It’s critical that we can exactly define ‘usability’ if we are going to try and improve it, so we present and discuss the industry-standard definition (drawn from ISO 9241). We also discuss how this can lead to us being able to quantify and compare two designs’ usability.
- User behaviours
Facts, figures and usability advice on a wide variety of user behaviours that directly impact usability, including:
- First impressions
Within 50 milliseconds, the average user has already decided whether they like (and possibly trust) your site - what can you do about it?
- Duration of visit
It’s scary, but users’ impatience means that lots of page visits are very short. We’ll present the data and also let you know how you can encourage users to stay on your site.
Everyone says that people spend most of their time above the fold – but how much time is that, exactly? Also, how can you encourage users to scroll down your page?
- Screen resolutions
We’ll present data on Europe’s most popular screen resolutions, as well as discussing the dominant trends and what this means for your site’s design.
- Viewing & reading patterns
Studies have shown us how people tend to consume web pages. Find out what this means for the usability of your site.
- First impressions
- Design principles
Practical, best practice advice on fundamental issues that can have a huge impact on site performance. Topics we discuss include:
- User expectations
- Using design to communicate logic
- Avoiding clutter
- Calls To Action (CTAs) – buttons, links, etc.
- Usability guidelines
We will present and discuss well-researched guidelines on the usability of all the major elements of an organisation’s website. There will also be plenty of examples to demonstrate best practice and stimulate discussion. Some of the areas of site design and usability we cover include:
- Navigation & Information architecture
- ‘About Us’ page
- ‘Contact Us’ page
- FAQs and Help
- Error messages
- On-site search
- Campaign landing pages
- User-Centered Design (UCD) methods & process
Great usability is a result of an iterative design process with regular (and structured) usability-input. We will discuss how this can be managed and also present guidelines & advice on the following inputs:
- Focus groups & Interviews
- Card sorting
- Heuristic evaluation
- Usability testing & Paper prototyping
This course is ideal for anyone involved in managing or designing websites. It features critical content for: business owners, marketing managers, graphic designers, project managers and usability and UX professionals.
We have trained
Vodafone, Macmillan, Midlands Coop, Save The Children, Help the Aged, AbstractMRM, ESRC, Woking Borough Council, Hastings Borough Council, Pernod Ricard, Hermes, English Heritage, Princes Trust, KPMG, BDO Stoy Hayward, Great Ormond Street Hospital, British Library, CIPD, National Trust, Waitrose, Next, MBNA, AXA PPP Healthcare, The Stationery Office, RBS Corporate, Cambridge University Press, Stroud and Swindon, Bibby Financial Services, Thames Valley University, The Equality and Human Rights Commission and more.
09.30am - 16.30pm
The maximum number of participants at our central London training facility is 8 per course and prices are £345 + VAT per head.
The course includes lunch and refreshments, and we fully cater for vegetarians or special dietary requirements (please mention this when booking your place).
81 Great Eastern St
View map to course (Links to Google Maps)
Download course details and directions (PDF file size; 220kb)
We offer a 15% discount if the same candidate books on more than one course. We also offer the same discount for not for profit organisations, and for organisations that send multiple candidates to the same course.
Offers from our sponsors
As well as providing you with up to date web training we also have partnered with some excellent companies within the user experience field to give each delegate access to discounts and deals when they attend one of our courses.
- Rosenfeld Media
- Each participant will receive a 20% discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code and we will be giving away one book on each course by way of a lucky dip.
- Web Sort
- Web Sort is a web-based software application for remote online card sorting. Each participant will be given a 25% discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code.
- Loop11 is an online and DIY usability testing tool. It allows usability professionals to conduct remote, unmoderated usability testing on any website. Loop11 is giving away one free usability test valued at $350, to each attendee of the Spotless Interactive "Web Usability Testing Training" courses with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code.
- Axure RP
- Axure RP is the leading tool for rapidly creating wireframes, prototypes and specifications for applications and web sites. Quickly get the benefits of prototyping without a lot of hassle. Each participant on our course will get an $89 discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code.
- Acuity ETS
- Acuity ETS are the UK's leading provider for eye tracking equipment and services and provide eyetrackers from Tobii the market leader thanks to its powerful hardware and flexible software. Each participant on our course will get a 10% discount off all rentals and rental services and 2.5% off purchases.
- OptimalSort enables you to run online card sorts with minimal fuss. Each participant on our course will get a 15% discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code. Participants will also get a free monthly access account for the product.
Need some more information on Web Usability training?
We are ready to answer your questions right now, so please contact us by telephone on +44 (0)207 168 7526 or drop us a quick email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you with any questions you might have.