Senior User Experience (UX) consultant
We are looking for a Senior User Experience (UX) consultant to join us on a permanent basis at our office in London (Old Street), giving someone the chance to lead on usability projects including user testing, user research, training and interaction design.
You will have exposure to all of our clients and will be well rounded with a minimum of 6 years experience preferably at a leading UX agency.
You will need to understand the whole user-centred design process; from the initial research and testing to creating the wireframes and workflows, and be able to question briefs and suggest innovative methodologies. You will have to be able to work as part of a team and give direction to the more junior UX member, as well as run things on your own when needed.
This is a varied role within a small team and will suit enthusiastic, hardworking person with attention to detail.
- Planning and conducting user research, including methods such as: usability studies, competitive analysis, user surveys, expert reviews and more.
- Leading on all client facing research including stakeholder interviews, kick off meetings, ethnographic studies, user interviews, focus groups and more.
- Creating presentations and reports, personas, user journeys, wireframes, sitemaps, content audits and style guides.
- Running training courses for our UX and Mobile UX courses.
- Technical testing such as accessibility testing against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1.0 and 2.0.
- Transferring knowledge to junior team members.
- Attending UX events in the industry and being a presence and ambassador for the company.
- Implementing best practices and improving existing report writing and documentation.
- Running surveys and designing remote unmoderated user research with tools such as UserZoom.
- Directly input into the sales process writing methodologies and estimating time at the proposal stage.
- Writing at least one UX related article each month demonstrating best practice for the web site.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Ideally you must hold a degree in Cognitive, Experimental or Industrial Psychology, Interaction Design, Human Factors or Human Computer Interaction, or demonstrate the relevant commercial experience.
- An available portfolio or samples of work demonstrating great user-centered design solutions.
- Prototyping skills (e.g. Visio, Axure, Balsamiq) are highly desired and examples will be required in your interview.
- You are expected to have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with Office applications (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Outlook) and the Internet are required.
- You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
What we are offering:
The position provides an annual salary of between £50-£60k. Applicants will preferably be London based and working hours are 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
The person will need to be self-directed and able to manage their time effectively.
- Generous commission scheme on any leads generated
- Free books from companies like Rosenfeld Media
- Annual training budget to attend conferences like UX London
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days holiday
Other things you might like?
- Hard work
- Managing multiple projects
- Getting your opinion heard
- A passion to drive results
Send us your CV
We would love to hear from you so send us your latest CV and please include some sample links to work you have completed. Feel free to contact us by telephone on +44 (0)207 168 7526 or drop us a quick email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have always recruited candidates direct and these have come from within our own network so please do not call us from recruitment agencies offering speculative candidates. We know where you are if we need you!