Mobile usability and user experience (UX) training
Over 50% of the UK population now own a smartphone. More than 4 million people now own a tablet. Get serious about mobile with our industry-leading, 1-day mobile usability and user experience (UX) training course.
Research-based guidelines, practical advice and real-world examples make our mobile usability and user experience training course the best in the business. We tell you all you need to know about designing for – and selling on - tablets, smartphones (with touch screens) and feature phones (with directional keypads and/or cursors).
A full set of printed notes will be provided, along with a digital copy of all course materials.
Next available Mobile usability and user experience (UX) course training dates:
|Available dates:||Places left:||Booking status:|
|4th September 2013||7||Book 4th September 2013 course|
|22nd November 2013||8||Book 22nd November 2013 course|
Please read our training course Terms and conditions before making your booking.
Mobile usability and user experience (UX) training course content
All killer, no filler. Our mobile usability and user experience course has everything you will need to start designing for mobile devices. It’s stuffed with research-based guidelines, practical advice and real-world examples. Take a look at some of the topics we cover:
- Industry & audience trends
Which are the most popular devices? How do people use tablets, smart phones and feature phones? Do mobile-specific sites actually convert better? Which devices should you design for? Which touch screen gestures are understood by the majority of the audience?
As part of our discussion, we will look at a video of eye-tracking studies with real people using mobile devices!
- Mobile challenges
Tackling the big factors that make designing for mobile so challenging (and how to address them!). Including:
- Touch targets – ideal size and separation
- Loading times – ways to achieve the download speeds that consumer research tells us are necessary
- Copywriting – how to cope with the fact that it’s twice as hard to read on a mobile device compared to a desktop
- Testing & emulators – cost-effective ways to test designs on various mobile devices (both with real users, but also using emulators)
- Input of data – designing for the fact that data input on mobile devices is far more hassle than on desktops
- User errors – ways to support users on mobile devices (which are more difficult to use than desktops)
- Apps vs. Mobile sites
We’ll help you to decide which type of solution is right for you, based on a thorough understanding of their pros and cons.
- Usability guidelines
We will present practical guidelines and real-life examples related to the following issues in mobile design:
- Responsive design / auto detection
- Orientation changes
- Gesture support
- Menus and navigation
- Vertical, thumbnail and fisheye lists
- Carousels, grids, filmstrips and slideshows
- Interstitial Screens/messages
- Icons, links and buttons
- ...and much, much more!
- Design workshop
Throughout the day, we’ll have group and individual design exercises (using professional mobile design stencils) to help us discuss and understand various topics.
Anyone with an interest in designing for mobile devices (Tablets and phones) will love this course! However, the day is very mobile-oriented and you will get the most out of it if you already have a solid understanding of fundamental usability principles (which are covered in our Web usability and user experience training course).
We have trained
Vodafone, Macmillan, Midlands Coop, Save The Children, Help the Aged, AbstractMRM, ESRC, Woking Borough Council, Hastings Borough Council, Pernod Ricard, Hermes, English Heritage, Princes Trust, KPMG, BDO Stoy Hayward, Great Ormond Street Hospital, British Library, CIPD, National Trust, Waitrose, Next, MBNA, AXA PPP Healthcare, The Stationery Office, RBS Corporate, Cambridge University Press, Stroud and Swindon, Bibby Financial Services, Thames Valley University, The Equality and Human Rights Commission and more.
09.30am - 16.30pm
The maximum number of participants at our central london training facility is 8 per course and prices are £475 + VAT per head.
The course includes lunch and refreshments, and we fully cater for vegetarians or special dietary requirements (please mention this when booking your place).
81 Great Eastern St
View map to course (Links to Google Maps)
Download course details and directions (PDF file size; 215kb)
We offer a 15% discount if the same candidate books on more than one course. We also offer the same discount for not for profit organisations, and for organisations that send multiple candidates to the same course.
Offers from our sponsors
As well as providing you with up to date web training we also have partnered with some excellent companies within the user experience field to give each delegate access to discounts and deals when they attend one of our courses.
- Rosenfeld Media
- Each participant will receive a 20% discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code and we will be giving away one book on each course by way of a lucky dip.
- Web Sort
- Web Sort is a web-based software application for remote online card sorting. Each participant will be given a 25% discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code.
- Loop11 is an online and DIY usability testing tool. It allows usability professionals to conduct remote, unmoderated usability testing on any website. Loop11 is giving away one free usability test valued at $350, to each attendee of the Spotless Interactive "Web Usability Testing Training" courses with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code.
- Axure RP
- Axure RP is the leading tool for rapidly creating wireframes, prototypes and specifications for applications and web sites. Quickly get the benefits of prototyping without a lot of hassle. Each participant on our course will get an $89 discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code.
- Acuity ETS
- Acuity ETS are the UK's leading provider for eye tracking equipment and services and provide eyetrackers from Tobii the market leader thanks to its powerful hardware and flexible software. Each participant on our course will get a 10% discount off all rentals and rental services and 2.5% off purchases.
- OptimalSort enables you to run online card sorts with minimal fuss. Each participant on our course will get a 15% discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code. Participants will also get a free monthly access account for the product.
Need some more information on Mobile usability and user experience (UX) training?
We are ready to answer your questions right now, so please contact us by telephone on +44 (0)207 168 7526 or drop us a quick email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you with any questions you might have.