Copywriting for online & content strategy
Web pages’ performance can improve by over 100% through the use of best practice online copywriting techniques.
Our practical, hands-on 1-day course will help you to create online content that communicates, persuades and sells more effectively.
A full set of printed notes will be provided, along with a digital copy of all course materials.
Next available Copywriting for online & content strategy training dates:
There are no forthcoming training dates. Please come back later when further dates are announced.
Please read our training course Terms and conditions before making your booking.
Copywriting for online & content strategy training course content
Loads of best practice, re-write exercises and real-world examples make this course essential for anyone interested in optimising their online copy. Some of the topics we cover include:
- User behaviours
Facts and figures on user behaviours that directly impact how people consume online content – and advice on what we can do about them, including:
- Attention span
It’s scary, but the research tells us that people have very limited attention spans online. Lots of page visits are very short, and users are very quick to jump to conclusions about your site’s content and quality. We’ll present the data and also let you know how you can encourage users to stay on your site.
Everyone seems to agree that people don’t scroll much – but where’s the evidence? We present the research and offer practical advice.
- Viewing & reading patterns
Studies have shown us how people tend to consume web pages. Find out what this means for how your online content should be written.
What mind-set do we need to have when evaluating and writing online content? We offer a couple of innovative perspectives that will help you keep best practice at the front of your mind.
- Audience, goals & context
Specific understanding of who your are writing for, why you are writing for them and the context within which your content will be read – these issues are critical to great online copywriting. We’ll discuss helpful and practical ways that online copywriters can think about these issues.
- Writing best practices for online
We’ll cover everything you need to know about how online copywriting best practice can help your web pages communicate, persuade and sell more effectively. Also, there are loads of re-write exercises and real-world examples to help illustrate and demonstrate the principles. Topics we cover include:
- Bold & lists
- Vocabulary, sentences & paragraphs
- Providing the correct information
- Active voice
- Page summary
- Information scent
- Writing for…
It’s not only about making sure website content communicates and sells – there are other things to worry about as well! That’s why we also cover online copywriting best practice for:
- Search engines
- Social media
- Mobile devices
- Managing a team
Helpful advice on how to make sure that your team have a shared and accurate understanding of your organisation’s guidelines best practice and tone of voice. We also talk about ways you can support your team to help them apply these guidelines consistently and excellently.
- Content Strategy
What is a content strategy? Do I need one? And if I do, how do I get one?! We’ll present the current industry-thinking on these questions and help you to figure out how they apply to your organisation.
Ideal for anyone involved with a website’s content - including business owners, marketing & website managers, project managers, copywriters and content editors.
We are also very proud to have successfully helped loads of offline copywriters to make the move into online!
We have trained
Vodafone, Macmillan, Midlands Coop, Save The Children, Help the Aged, AbstractMRM, ESRC, Woking Borough Council, Hastings Borough Council, Pernod Ricard, Hermes, English Heritage, Princes Trust, KPMG,
BDO Stoy Hayward, Great Ormond Street Hospital, British Library, CIPD, National Trust, Waitrose, Next, MBNA, AXA PPP Healthcare, The Stationery Office, RBS Corporate, Cambridge University Press, Stroud and Swindon, Bibby Financial Services, Thames Valley University, The Equality and Human Rights Commission and more.
09.30am - 16.30pm
The maximum number of participants at our central london training facility is 8 per course and prices are £345 + VAT per head.
The course includes lunch and refreshments, and we fully cater for vegetarians or special dietary requirements (please mention this when booking your place).
24 Eversholt Street
Download course details and directions (Word file size; 70kb)
We offer a 15% discount if the same candidate books on more than one course. We also offer the same discount for not for profit organisations, and for organisations that send multiple candidates to the same course.
Offers from our sponsors
As well as providing you with up to date web training we also have partnered with some excellent companies within the user experience field to give each delegate access to discounts and deals when they attend one of our courses.
- Rosenfeld Media
- Each participant will receive a 20% discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code and we will be giving away one book on each course by way of a lucky dip.
- Web Sort
- Web Sort is a web-based software application for remote online card sorting. Each participant will be given a 25% discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code.
- Loop11 is an online and DIY usability testing tool. It allows usability professionals to conduct remote, unmoderated usability testing on any website. Loop11 is giving away one free usability test valued at $350, to each attendee of the Spotless Interactive "Web Usability Testing Training" courses with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code.
- Axure RP
- Axure RP is the leading tool for rapidly creating wireframes, prototypes and specifications for applications and web sites. Quickly get the benefits of prototyping without a lot of hassle. Each participant on our course will get an $89 discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code.
- Acuity ETS
- Acuity ETS are the UK's leading provider for eye tracking equipment and services and provide eyetrackers from Tobii the market leader thanks to its powerful hardware and flexible software. Each participant on our course will get a 10% discount off all rentals and rental services and 2.5% off purchases.
- OptimalSort enables you to run online card sorts with minimal fuss. Each participant on our course will get a 15% discount with an exclusive Spotless Interactive promo code. Participants will also get a free monthly access account for the product.
Need some more information on Copywriting for online & content strategy?
We are ready to answer your questions right now, so please contact us by telephone on +44 (0)207 168 7526 or drop us a quick email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you with any questions you might have.