Accessible Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007
The last 12 months have seen a massive increase in the number of organisations purchasing Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007) for use both on their intranet and also their public facing websites.
MOSS 2007 was designed for heavy intranet usage with advanced workflow and document management capabilities. Unfortunately accessibility did not feature too heavily in the initial development cycle, which is why a lot of companies moving to this platform are experiencing issues with making their public facing website accessible.
Benefits of this service
We focus on re-rendering the Sharepoint controls to make them output accessible compliant code, effectively re-writing aspects of the Sharepoint product.
- Can work with your existing development team
- We are up to speed with the latest semantic based coding standards
- Complies with the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) regulations for web accessibility
- Will validate sites as (X)HTML compliant with the W3C validator
- Rates are expensive for Sharepoint Developers
- Requires a lot of code re-writing
- A lot of the collaboration features cannot be used so the public facing website is a "reduced" capability version.
- Requires internal teams to have experience of customising Sharepoint which is a vast and complex product.
We recommend being involved in the design process from a very early stage as complex designs do not always translate well into a Sharepoint Master pages and templates.
We will look to produce designs based on your user and business requirements we have researched for you and then code these designs into the latest semantic accessible HTML and CSS
You retain all the source code and files we have used in the creation of your site including Master pages, CSS and .Net user controls.
Need some more information?
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you with HTML templates and Microsoft Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007 then please call us or email us below and we would be happy to help out where we can.
We are ready to answer your questions right now, so please contact us by telephone on +44 (0)207 168 7526 or drop us a quick email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you with any questions you might have.